■ Free-standing lines
■ With switchable driver’s cab and engine lighting in digital mode
■ Metal buffers
■ Finest wheels with low flanges
■ Drive and coupling rods made of investment cast metal
The tender locomotive for passenger trains designated as class 77 by the Austrian Federal Railways was procured from 1913 (SB/kkStB class 629) in several series until 1927. The Pacific type 2’C1′ h2t steam locomotive was authorized to run at a maximum speed of 85 km/h. Practically every depot in Austria was at one time or another equipped with class 77 locomotives. The West and Südbahn lines and their branch lines were just a part of the 77’s operational area as the Inntal line or the Lindau-Bregenz-St. Margarethen connection. It was not until 1975 that the last locomotives were decommissioned – with the end of steam traction in Austria.