Diesel locomotive Vs 72 (ex 2095 004) of the Pinzgauer Lokalbahn.
■ Model in ruby red livery and current operating condition
■ With the coat of arms “Wald im Pinzgau”
■ Finest details: freestanding handrails, delicately designed lamp rings and perforated ventilation grille on top of the roof
■ With switchable driver’s cab lighting
■ High beams and shunting lights can be switched in digital mode
■ Sound developed in cooperation with Leosoundlab
The locomotives of the 2095 series, which were purchased from 1958 onwards, formed the backbone of the ÖBB’s diesel-powered narrow-gauge lines for decades. On July 1, 2008, the Land Salzburg took over the Pinzgauer Lokalbahn from the ÖBB and with it some of the 600 HP and around 60 km/h fast machines. The diesel locomotives are used to haul goods trains and bicycle tourist trains on the lines of the “Krimmler Bahn”.